Vacancy – Strength and Conditioning Expert
England Korfball is seeking to recruit a qualified and experienced Strength and Conditioning practitioner to support the delivery of the England Korfball International squads.
Korfball is an attractive, fast moving, team sport played by men and women together extensively in Europe and the far-east.
England Korfball’s vision for the sport is to “Inspire thousands of new and existing participants to enjoy and grow Korfball on their doorstep.”
Our key areas of work are growing the number of adults and young people playing regularly in teams and improving the sporting experience for those people who participate in Korfball.
Our International Committee is driving forward new strategic priorities to improve the experience of our England Korfball teams and improve our international performances.
The committee is currently working towards a new selection process and have identified the need to establish strength and conditioning related benchmarks. The coaches have also expressed a wish for strength and conditioning to be included in squad sessions.
We are therefore seeking to recruit a volunteer who can assist with the following:
- Two strength and conditioning sessions for the England Korfball teams
- Establishing a korfball specific programme of strength and conditioning for the England Korfball teams (u15s to seniors) to be provided by our England Korfball Lead Coaches. This will include a training briefing for our coaches.
- Advice and guidance on benchmarks related to the strength and condition of international korfball players
We estimate the work to take approximately 5 days. Please note that training takes place at weekends and training locations are based in Croydon (London) and Norwich. Expenses will be reimbursed.
We are seeking an individual with the following qualifications, skills and experience:
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified Strength and Conditioning Coach (such as BSc, a Certificate in Coaching Strength & Conditioning for Sport Qualification (CCSCSQ), REPS qualification, UKSCA accredited)
- Previously worked with non-professional athletes
- Experience of working with team sports
- Working and developing plans for both women and men, juniors and senior players.
To find out more please contact Rebecca Gibson.
Closing date for applications forms to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org is 5pm Friday 30th June 2017.