International Subcommittee Secretary: Position open
England Korfball is seeking a Secretary as part of the new Strategic International Committee and International Sub Committee.
The England Korfball Association Board has recently created a revised terms of reference (available upon request) for the sub-committee focused on England Korfball Teams achieving on the international stage. The new structure involves two tiers.
- The Strategic International Committee will meet twice a year to:
- Strategically drive and steer the international programme and committee with the primary goal of supporting the EKA Board achieve England Korfball’s vision, mission and objectives.
- Establish long and medium term strategic plans for the international programme and as such set the objectives for the International Committee to achieve.
- Develop the business case for year on year investment in to the international programme and where possible seek additional funding sources to increase England Korfball international, performance and talent activity.
- Establish and manage the selection policies for korfball international teams.
- Review progress and strategic plans and provide accelerated support where required.
The Strategic International Committee will consist of the EKA Chair, International Committee Chair (independent), International Committee Secretary, Operations and Logistics Lead, Performance Lead, and a Finance Lead.
- The International Committee will meet quarterly with regular communication with the following purpose:
- To plan, organise and implement programmes for international squads to so that they participate and perform at their optimum in international tournaments and events.
- To organise and implement the logistics required to attend and perform at international korfball tournaments.
- To implement selection policies to ensure that all Korfball players are treated fairly and can fulfil their potential.
- To work within the financial constraints of the budget set by the EKA and follow principles of best value and accountability.
- To ensure that all EKA policies and procedures are being adhered to within the international set up.
- To act as the inspiration to drive growth and improved performance in all non-international korfball activity in England.
The International Committee will consist of the above individuals with the exception of the EKA Chair and addition of Lead Coaches and Team managers. The international committee will be further supported by assistant coaches.
This new restructure aims to provide greater support and connection with the EKA Board, strategic direction and accountability, clarity on roles and responsibility, increased capacity (i.e. more volunteers), and improved communication. All of these aspects are essential for volunteer satisfaction in the longer term and further success of the England Korfball Teams.
Due to this restructure new role descriptors have been created and we are seeking to appoint these volunteer positions.
The successful applicant must have organisational skills and ability to plan in advance, excellent written communication skills, with high attention to detail and IT skills for the production of administrative documents.
We strongly recommend that potential applicants read the job description to understand the role, commitment and the skills and attributes we are looking for. This role does not require previous korfball experience but an enthusiasm for Korfball is a benefit.
For more information and an informal chat about the role please contact Rebecca Gibson.
To apply please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
Deadline for applications: 20th March 2017, 12pm.